Manufacturing - Assembly
Under the direction of the foreman, the responsibilities to the Welder/Fabricator position include fitting and joining, fabricating, and repairing metal and other material by applying appropriate welding techniques in accordance with product specifications and production schedules.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform welding duties using a wire welder.
- Weld steel components with welding equipment as specified by layouts, engineering drawings, work orders, or verbal instructions.
- Work includes set-up, laying out work using jigs/fixtures or hand layouts to fabricate parts and/or rework finished products.
- Work with fitters or fitters/welders to assist in the fabrication or welding of multi-component parts.
- Operate forklifts, hoists, hand power tools, slings, grinders, cutting torch, and other hand held tools related to the job needs.
- Inspect and correct welds as necessary to meet product specifications.
- Read, understand, and follow job order specifications, engineering drawings, and/or work orders.
- Willingness to cross-train and perform the work of other job tasks in addition to the primary assigned position.
- Inspect equipment to maintain functional equipment if any equipment needs repairs notify foreman.
- Perform a variety of complicated tasks, as required.